The grasses looked eerie from a distance, but the experience was great once I got inside. There weren't that many fish, but I saw tons of huge conch and a four foot long baracuda. I followed him for a while and saw small fish and one sea star. It was great.
- Lorenzo A.
First Reef Snorkel
A brisk breeze blew across the swift chop, the crystalline air melting into the eddies and pools of the deep blue water. Palm trees, bleached white sand and sun bleached wood shacks complete the corona perfect landscape. Our small group meanders toward the water, some hobbling, others splashing in with jubilance.
Equipped with our fins and masks, we float like extraterrestrial observers over an alien landscape. Our shadows cast ominously below us as we travel over the deep structural dynamics of the coral. Bright luminescent fish dodge in and out of the fringes was giant rays zip across the tops of the fan reefs. A smooth rolling wave rips through the area and we all rise and fall with the barrel of the wave.
- Alex C.

No comments:
Post a Comment